Log Shipping Error - Help

• Hi All,

Why do I get this error on log shipping after a few days that the log shipping has been going on fine:

===========================================

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 4305: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log in this backup set begins at LSN 5987000001747900001, which is too late to apply to the database. An earlier log backup that includes LSN 5973000000575000001 can be restored.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.

=============================================

How can I resolve this problem without having to re-configure the log shipping. Apart form nightly backups, there is no other transaction log backups that may have caused this problem.

Thanks for your help.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Not sure since I don't use Log Shipping, but this message indicates that a log is being restored out of order. Or one was missed. I'd check there.

• Thanks Steve. That is what the error will suggest but when i try to manually restore the log backups it keeps failing either because the log is too early or too late to apply. All the log backups are avalable on the secondary server.

I noticed on this forum that log shipping problems don't get responses. Probably because many people don't use the technology. I wonder why this is the case despite its usefulness for Report Servers.

Even clustering can benefit from additional logshipping since the cluster nodes are sharing a common disk. The log shipped server can provide a warm standby for further disaster recovery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply