log shipping from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 in order to keep the tow databases in sync

• harita (8/31/2011)

perry,

but there are some scripts i guess i saw some people doing it

If you want to concoct your own scripted LS process that would be viable, either way the database may only ever be in the restoring state. The link Ignacio posted is one example, i'm sure there are many more if you search

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Hi All

Thank you all guys i got some scripts with your help and hope these will work, keep you posted

Thank you All

• More you test the scripts... less problems you will get.:-)

-Satya SK Jayanty
    SQL Server MVP (Follow me @sqlmaster)
    Author of SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration CookBook
    SQL Server Knowledge Sharing network

• Hi,

You can do this , better you can create your custom scripts for backup and restore instead of MS standard log shipping. this makes you job easier.Just backup the logs and restore it in your Dev environment. Are you going to use that database (Dev) for any reporting purpose ? what is the requirment behind this work ?

Reagrds

Raju

• Hi,

You can do this , better you can create your custom scripts for backup and restore instead of MS standard log shipping. this makes you job easier.Just backup the logs and restore it in your Dev environment. Are you going to use that database (Dev) for any reporting purpose ? what is the requirment behind this work ?

Reagrds

Raju

• rajughy_ghy (9/2/2011)

Are you going to use that database (Dev) for any reporting purpose ?

Hopefully not, as the log shipped database would have to be recovering (standby is not an option when upgrading) and hence inaccessible

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply