Log Shipping Monitor for 2008 (and 2005)

• [font="Tahoma"]In EM for SQL2K Enterprise when Log Shipping is configured, in the Management tab you get the 'Log Shipping Monitor' so that a DBA can monitor the logs, nothing fancy however it is kinda useful.

At our company for 2005 and 2008 we mostly use Mirroring as the main choice of data replication/high availability. However I was wondering if there is anything equivalent for 2000's Log Shipping Monitor. Should we configure LS in 2005/2008 is there any nice gui that I can use to monitor the logs and check they are in sync - basically like the DB Mirroring Monitor. I have read about the SQL Server Management Pack for 2005/2008 however does that mean you have to have MOM bolted on?

Ideas welcome.

qh1975[/font]

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]
  • only static reports are available (unless you created your own interface)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181149.aspx

but creating a VB form to do this would be very simple because SQL gives us;

sp_help_log_shipping_monitor_primary and sp_help_log_shipping_monitor_secondary

you could even use SSRS to run those procs to a web page and refresh it every X seconds.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply