Log Shipping role reversal issue.

• Hi All,

Any one has done log shipping automatic role reversal using the method provided by BOL and got success or any other method?

--snt

• I have had a successful role reversal with log shipping. I did have many issues with regards to log shipping. Please be sure to check that you have the FIXED code for sp_resolve_user_logins, as there is a code issue with the original one in the db.

Having said that, I was still unable to get the resolve user logins to work, we wrote our own code that would parse out the SID's and the UID's and then import them to the new server. In doing this we can now schedule this job to run nightly and we don't have to worry about new users being added to the primary and getting missed on the secondary.

I also scripted the failover to ensure that the other SDBA's in my group would be comfortable with the failover in emergency situations.

If you would like the scripts, just reply to this post and I will send them to you.

Lisa

• Hi,

Can you please send me the scripts and are you following BOL methods for role reversal ?

Thanks for the help.

--snt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply