Log Shipping Tab not found!!!!

• Hi,

We are configuring the Log Shipping as part of our DR project. When we look for the Log Shipping Tab under "Management -> Database Maintence Plan -> properties" , we could not find it. After the enterprise edition installation, Do we need to anything special for log shipping? Please advice.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

If you are using SQL Server 2005, you can view log shipping status as follows:

1. in the object Explorer pane, highlight the appropriate instance

2. in the summary pane, select Reports, Transaction Log Shipping Status.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Tim

• Hello Anandan,

Can you find any check box below after you select the databases in the Database Maintenance Plan?

Ship the transaction logs to other SQL Servers (log shipping)

Thanks

Lucky

• Hi

Yes, I found a check box and I checked it along with the database I intend for. After few screens, there is a screen for "Specify the log shipping destinations". In this screen, by clicking the "add" button, another pop up opens for the server name and other things right? Here, I do not have any server names populated in the drop down menu.

In order to add the primary server, I try to use the log shipping tab under the management => database maintenence plans => properies. But, I did not find the log shipping tab on the screen.

This is the detail desc of the problem. Please help!

(We use SQL Server 2000 and not 2005 thanks for the reply)

Thanks,

Anandan.

• Enterprise manager must have the standby server {+ log shipping monitor server} registered to enable the drop down to be populated.  The standby server should also be enterprise edition and must be in the same domain.

Hope this helps.

Ally

• Hi All

sorry, but I have a similary problem. On W2003server, with SQL200 when i want to male a LOG shipping, i don't see on the windows of datab. maintenance plan, the checkbox for "Ship the transaction logs to other ..."

what is the problem

thanks in advance

• Hi All,

Thanks for your replies...

Could you answer one more question?

I have setup log shipping, in the primary server it is backing up the log file to a shared folder on the same machine perfectly. But, in the secondary server, its failing to copy and load the transaction logs. What could be the potential problem?

Our network configuration between primary and secondary, allows communication only thru a single port 1433. I can't event copy the file manually from primary to secondary. Is there any issue in this setting? Do we need extra prot opened for this log shipping copy to be automated?

Please advise!

Thanks,

Anand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply