Log shipping Transaction

• Hi The Query provided above is working finely, But i am confused whats going in the query and what's happening there in it?

Can u pls explain me about the query and when is it use ful?

Thank you,

Venu Gopal.K
    Software Engineer
    INDIA

• The proc restores a database to a specific point in time. First, it checks for the backup history, then it checks to make sure the files actually exist, then it builds the restore commands, and then it issues them. It's pretty straightforward, really.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Ok good,

But check this situation , I done this and i am facing this problem,

I am having a Database named Database1 . I just created SP's, Tables,Functions ect on it up to May 14th 2009 , but i want to replace the wholw database upto May 13th 2009 morning 9:00AM. I created some Tables and SP's on 14th Morning 9:00AM . When i runs u r query giving the time as May 13th 2009 morning 9:00AM it gets successfully completed . But what the issue is , As i replaced the DB upto "May 13th 2009 morning 9:00AM". Now if i check the DB Tables,SP's it is showing the Tables,SP's which are created on "14th Morning 9:00AM ".

What is the problem here?

Thank you,

Venu Gopal.K
    Software Engineer
    INDIA

• How about showing us the code you used to execute the stored procedure?

• If the objects are there, either you restored the wrong backup, or you are misremembering which objects you created.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply