Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

• I am getting this error only for onw user and all the rest can do it without any errors.

• Apparently the windows credentials are not getting sent through. Is this a service of some sort?

• Can you describe the setup a bit? Do you have multiple servers? Multiple domains?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• trying to query from SErver A to SErver B through a group Developers. SErver A is 2005 standard edition and Server B is enterprise. when i check i linked server connection it looks fine and also other login id can query from A to B, i have problem only with one login. everything is windows authentication and the linked server is configured as "Be made using login current security context".

• 1 thing to mention here. Server A (standard) is in mised mode (sql and windows authentication and serverB(enterprise) is in windows authentication mode.

is there anything i am missing when creating Linked Server.

thanks

• How is the login that is having issues connecting to SQL Server? As a SQL login? It won't have Windows credentials to pass through the linked server.

• All logins are windows authenticaed.

when i checked on both servers it gave me

net_transport auth_scheme

------------- ---------------

TCP NTLM

• Hey i have some clue for my problem. whats happening is

When I RDP from the computer C and query from SErver A to SErver B then i get this kind of error but ig i RDP to Server A and query from SErver A to ServerB that works good.

Note: I dont want to acheive this by changing my authentication mode to mixed and create a sql login. is there any fix where i can do windows authentication and also do cross server queries.

thanks

• I am trying to configure this for my Link Server as given in this article.

http://kendalvandyke.blogspot.com/2008/11/delegation-what-it-is-and-how-to-set-it.html

but i have a doubt, do i need to configure this for SQL server account or for my domain account.

thanks

• Sounds like you may have a kerberos authentication issue.

When you install / start SQL Server, it attempts to create the required SPNs for you. However, if the service account you are running the SQL Database Engine under doesn't have the appropriate permissions in Active Directory, this will fail to complete.

In a cluster environment, things are slightly different and more complicated.

Do a site or google search for Kerberos, SQL Server, double hop authentication and that should give you a nudge in the right direction

--
    Andrew Hatfield

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply