Login failed for user with failure to write agent job history to sysjobhistory

• Good afternoon,

Odd issue started happening a couple weeks ago where a server stopped logging job history and the the SQL Server Agent log is full of these two errors.  Jobs run and do what they are supposed to do, I am simply not getting a history log created.

I have stopped and restarted the server, the agent and even did a reboot.  Additionally, checked to ensure that there was no limit on job history log and also did a recycle on the log with no luck.

Any thoughts on this?

sysjobhistory

• Screenshot is a little hard to read, but I would guess the problem is that the SQL Server Agent user doesn't exist on the database.  Looking at the user, it ends in a $, which if I remember right means that it is either running as "local system" or as the computer account.  Change that to an AD account and give that AD account the required permissions on the database and the error should stop.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply