login failed message (not associated with a trusted SQL Svr connection

• Hello all,

I recently got an error message using EM connecting to a group of smililar SQL Servers.  All servers are installed using Windows authentication only.  It has been fine until this past Monday.

All servers are throwing "Login failed for user (null).  Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Svr connection" error message.

I know what this error message is.  It is the same as you try to log on to a Windows authentication only SQL Server using a SQL Server login.

However all the servers are using Windows authentication and I try to connect to them using Windows authentication!!!

I checked everything conceivably possible on the server and could not find anything wrong!

Just want to share with you all to see if you have any ideas.

Regards.

Jerry

Atlanta

• Have you recently applied the security patches for SASSER? I am having a similar problem since the application of the patch this morning.

• Hi, are all the systems running SQL in the same domain?

Howdy!

• Are you attempting to connect to SQL Server directly from the server, or are you trying to connect from a remote machine (possibly your desktop via EM)?

• This might be a possibility .... The Registration properties for the server in EM might have been changed from 'Windows Authentication' to 'SQL Sever Authentication'.

If so then, just edit the registration properties from EM for all the servers and change the security to 'Windows Authentication' . That should work

Thanks,

Vani.

• This might be a possibility .... The Registration properties for the server in EM might have been changed from 'Windows Authentication' to 'SQL Sever Authentication'.

If so then, just edit the registration properties from EM for all the servers and change the security to 'Windows Authentication' . That should work

Thanks,

Vani.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply