Login Password identify..?

• Where is store sql server user login password..?and what are table used for create syslogin view..?

• sys.syslogins is a view based on three tables, sys.sysxlogins, sys.sysprivs and sys.sysmultiobjrefs. I believe the password is stored in the latter, but I'm not 100% sure. You cannot query any of these tables, although I do fear that someone has found a hack to do it.

Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - Facebook - Twitter

Concatenating Row Values in Transact-SQL[/url]

• ok fine. i need password change for all the users using query...how to do that..?

• you will have to build a query into like the following to suit the tables, this is just knocked up

SELECT

'ALTER LOGIN '+

user.username+

' WITH PASSWORD = ''£!@123AVeryStrongPasswordGoesHere321@!£''

FROM

sys.sysusers user

This will then bring back one column with the alter login T-SQL for each login in the sys.sysusers table which you can execute by copy and pasting

If you need to do anything else to the login, like set password policy, take a look at the ALTER LOGIN syntax in BOL.

• ya thanks yar.. how to identify my old password..?

• you cant, you can only get the hash value as passwords are encrypted.

one thing you could do is to get the encryption method SQL uses to store password, then pass it in a string and see if you get the same hash code, this is trial and error though.

think the command is pwdencrypt, but maybe a google search will point you in the right direction.

also if the accounts are for applications, I would always make a note of them, if they are users then obivously not and should be using windows authentication where ever possible.

• ok fine..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply