Looking for a tool

• A couple years ago I found a tool that was a lot of fun. It was a little bit heavy handed but it actually provided a good visualization of database activity - and I'll admit I ran it because it was fun to watch.

It had 4 main windows. I know one was based on Cache hit ratio. The one I really want to see again, though, is what we all called "The Bubbles".

It wasn't SQL Spy I don't think. This version of bubbles had one for each request that was active on the server. As the request used more resources the bubble would grow. If there was an open transaction the bubble would develop a red center. And if a request was blocking another request it would draw lines between the bubbles.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you point me in the right direction please? I keep coming back to SQL Spy with my google searches and that isn't the tool I was using.

Thanks

• Are you referring to Spotlight from Quest Software?

http://www.quest.com/spotlight-on-sql-server-enterprise/

• I believe SQLHeartbeat is what you are looking for

http://www.sqlsolutions.com/products/Heartbeat/

Bob
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to post to get the best help[/url]

• Is it Idera's Diagnostic Manager?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Nope. It was free. And wasn't a company I recognized. Thanks for the suggestion.

• kent.kester (12/14/2010)

Nope. It was free. And wasn't a company I recognized. Thanks for the suggestion.

After checking SQL HeartBeat, it looks like that must be what you are looking for.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• That's the one! Awesome. Thanks a ton.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply