Looking for data sync product

• What is your definition of synchronize? Do you mean a one-way sync for keeping a warm spare? Do you mean a bi-directional sync?

Why won't log shipping or replication work for you?

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• The expression does not check the data type. You need to know what the data type is so that we can write the correct expression.

You can check the data types of your source columns by double-clicking on the green arrow data flow path connecting your tasks. Navigate to the Metadata screen. This will tell you what the data type of your data column is. Next, we need to know what the destination data type is. That's just as easy as checking the column in your SQL Server.

Once we know those two things, we can create the correct expression.

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• synchronizing is one way only..

Thanks ,

Shekhar

• OK. If syncronizing is one-way only. Why can't you use log shipping or replication?

What about the data type question I asked in my last post?

John Rowan

• I read some where that to implement Logshipping/Trasactional replication we need to start the 2 SQL Server services with same domain account...

as my systems are remotely distributed I cannot fullfil this requirement..

now I am confused after reading the below article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321822#appliesto

Thanks ,

Shekhar

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply