Mail setup for 2005

• Good morning to all. This is the case. I set up mail services in two servers. One worked perfectly and I am receiving messages from that box without any problem. No, I set up the second box exactly the same as I did with the first one and all seems to be fine, but no messages goes out I am getting the following message in the Mail Log:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Date 4/22/2009 7:14:57 AM

Log Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID 4

Process ID 7556

Last Modified 4/22/2009 7:14:57 AM

Last Modified By DomainName\UserID

1) Exception Information

===================

Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account GetAccount(Int32)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information

===================

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)

Any ideas what is not set correctly? I made sure the user is a member of the mail role in msdb and has the proper privileges in the box and SQL, any ideas? It will be very much appreciated

• Check that the machine is on the domain and that you can access your SMTP server from the SQL Server. Open telnet and go to whatever address your smtp server is and add a 25 on the end. For example: smtp.servername.companyname.com 25

• Thanks. Yes, the servers are in the same domain and I can access both as my account has admin rights. I will test the port as you suggested to see if the issue is related to the firewall.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply