Mainanace challenge

• Heres a challenge....Sudddenly our backup maintanence plan stoped working. In the job history the following error is displayed:The job failed. The job invoked by the user sa. The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1).Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). The step failed.The maintanence plan error log is empty.The job does not backup transaction logs and i've deseleccted integrity check. I've created a new database and  recrated the maintanene plan on this database with the same result. I also created a maintanence plan with only an integrity check. Still the same result...I´m going nuts.....
  • Does the drive you are trying to backup to have enough space on it?  We've run into that problem before.

Jana

J. Bagwell

UVA Health System

• My thought exactly. Your backup drive is full.

• If not the backup drive itself being full check that either the data drive is not full and that the C: drive is not full as well as the drive your temp folder is on if different.

• Double click your maintenance plan --> Reporting Tab --> Check "write report a text file ...", Rerun your job and review the report to see whether you can capture any errors from there.

• No, plenty of space on the backup drive....

All drives has plenty of space...

Nothing in the report file....

• Make sure that the databases are all in Full recovery mode. I had this same problem and it was due to the Databases being in Simple recovery mode. Give it a shot to see if it works anyway!

M

• This might have been the issue if the maintanence plan contained transaction log backups. But in this case it does not.....

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply