Maintainence Plan

• Hi all

Can anyone tell me why in an existing maintenance plan, under Optimizations, why the 'Update the statistics...' checkbox would be greyed out?

It is not currently ticked, but I would like to tick it! (But can't as it is greyed out )

Many thanks!

Krissy

• With a maint plan when you check reorganize data and indexes for optimization the update stats box greys out.  You will need to create another maint plan to run update statustics.

• If you uncheck the option for 'Reorganise data and index pages' you'll be able to check 'Update the statistics used by the  query optimiser'.  I'm not sure, but I think that the reorganisation option means SQL Server will automatically update the statistics.  The second option is a manual option where you can select the size of the sample data.

• OK Thanks, I will look and see if the current options do automatically update stats as Cath suggested and maybe create another maintainence plan.

Edit:

Cath you are right - found on here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/books/c12ppcsq.mspx 

"You can't reorganize data and update statistics in the same plan, and you may want to create separate maintenance plans for handling each of these important tasks."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply