Maintenance plan problem

• Hello all,

Windows 2003 SP1

SQL 2000 SP4

I have strange problem with my maintenance plans. I few months ago I created a maintenance plan which included INTEGRITY, OPTIMISATION and BACKUP (Full and Log). Recently a computed column was added to one of the databases, causing the integrity and optimisation jobs to fail with the error:

'DBCC failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER''

After a bit of research I discovered the -SupportComputedColumn flag to add manually to each integrity and optimisation step. This runs the DBCC commands with the correct QUOTED IDENTIFIER setting.

However when I run the job steps they continue to fail but with the following entry in the log:

Microsoft (R) SQLMaint Utility (Unicode), Version [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 08001)] Error 0: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect())

I tried creating a new maintenance plan but no joy all the steps fail with the second error.

If I open the existing mainenance plan and drop the integrity and optmisation job, ok and close, then open again and re-add the tasks the jobs are re-created (without the -SupportComputedColumn flag) and fail with the first message again.

This is really really confusing me, can anyone help

Cheers

Chris

• The maintenance plan would have created a job. Take the syntax of the job step and try running in the query analyzer and let us know if you still face the error.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

• Thanks for the reply, I dug a little further and found the KB article related to this problem. I was adding the correct flag but also require the server name flag as the server is a named instance. Its working fine now.

Cheers

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply