Maintenance plans failing.

• I have had the server up and running since 2006. The maintenence plans (jobs) have also been running successfully for years. The jobs write a log and backups to a seperat NAS device as do all company SQL Servers. Suddenly on the 2008-08-26 I started recieving the following error for all of my backup jobs:

[font="Courier New"]Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 2:15:01 AM Warning: 2008-09-09 02:15:01.96 Code: 0x80012017 Source: 15 - ReportServer MaintenancePlan Description: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package\Database Backup(Full).Disable". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found. End Warning DTExec: Could not set \Package\Database Backup(Full).Disable value to false. Started: 2:15:01 AM Finished: 2:15:01 AM Elapsed: 0.938 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.[/font]

I opened the job, went to the step, step properties and compared the setting on the Set Values tab to a job that does work and they are the same.

Things I have tried:

Googlying and searching get no results.

- Editing Plan or Job failes

- I tried creating a new plan that also failed.

- If I copy the SQL script for the job that is successful.

• I found a page that might have relevant data: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1410900&SiteID=1

Try that. The post there was solved by changing the command to update the value.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• It is a similar case but here is some informaiton. I went to the job properties, steps, step properties and the "Set values" tab. Deleted the value "\Package\Database Backup (Full).Disable" and the job ran manually (database backup), but appears not to do anything. When I went and resaved the maintenance plan the job failed again, value had been reset. All the other server with maintenance plans have this same Set value and run with no problem. So now the question is where is this "\Package\Database Backup (Full).Disable" property set?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply