Maintenance plans working for all DBs but one...

• I have 3 seperate maintenance plans; optimizations, itegrity checks, and backups.  All three jobs have been running fine up until we switched over to the other server on our cluster.  Now, all three jobs will work fine for all databases EXCEPT for ONE.  If I pull out that database and create a seperate maintenance plan for the 'exception' database, it starts the job but will just continue to run and run and never finishes and logs no errors.  Again, the jobs run fine for all other databases.

The strange thing is, if I do not use the SQL wizard in creating the backup job and instead schedule a job which executes a 'BACKUP DATABASE' script, it will execute successfully every time in less than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on what settings might have changed or what data may have been corrupted to cause this glich? 

This is the only information that is logged for the job(s).

Job 'Integrity Checks Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'TEST MARKETING DB'' : Step 1, 'Step 1' : Began Executing 2006-04-28 12:11:12

Job 'DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'BACKUP MARKETING DATABASE'' : Step 1, 'Step 1' : Began Executing 2006-04-26 10:42:57

• When you executed the BACKUP DATABASE script, did you send the backup file to the exact same location as the maintenance plan would have?

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• So, the Node A has changed to Node B in your clustered environment.  To be able to diagnose the situation.... I need to know a couple of things:-

• Who is the owner of the DB ?
    • Are u running the job( for backups ) as a system admin ? If not, you need to, as what might have happened is the SQL JOB AGENT must be running under a different service account. Its still a possibility. Just give it a shot and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Kunal Gandre

Kindest Regards,

Kunal Gandre
    >
    Snr. SQL DBA

• Everything is identical to the way it was on the other server, job owner, db owner, etc.  The backup job and the script were both backing up to the exact location. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply