Maintenence Paln error!!!

• Hi Friends,

I had a Maintenence plan which will take FULl backup of the 10 databases every week, But Last week the FULL backup was done by leaving the followinf error. Please adivice me in this error.

Executing the query "declare @backupSetId as int

select @backupSetId = position from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'Venus_DB' and backup_set_id=(select max(backup_set_id) from msdb..backupset where database_name=N'Venus_DB' )

if @backupSetId is null begin raiserror(N'Verify failed. Backup information for database ''Venus_DB'' not found.', 16, 1) end

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = N'M:\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\Backup\\Full\\Venus_DB\\Venus_DB_backup_200908020000.bak' WITH FILE = @backupSetId, NOUNLOAD, NOREWIND

" failed with the following error: "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Venu Gopal.K
    Software Engineer
    INDIA

• Hi Venu,

It seems to be a network connectivity problem. Ask your sysadmin to check out for any connectivity issues in the network. By the way did you find any errors in sql error log or windows eventlog. Can you post them.

[font="Verdana"]Thanks
    Chandra Mohan[/font]

• The corresponding was not logged either in Event logs or in Server error logs.

Venu Gopal.K
    Software Engineer
    INDIA

• Hi

So where did u get the error from? As pointed out it looks like a network error.

"Keep Trying"

• I got this error by the following path

Right click Maintenence plan--> View History --> Click the error

By clicking the error whatever you get, we get the description of the error under that error list.

Venu Gopal.K
    Software Engineer
    INDIA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply