Major Login Problem

• Hi Guys,

I have a major problem with SQL 2005. I can login remotely with non-trusted non-domain account.

However I cannot do this locally? as in on the server where SQL 2005 is installed with the same login??

The error I get is State 8 -> "Password Mismatch", although I know for sure I am using the correct login and password.

Pulling my hair out with this one, any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gary

• When you say you are unable to login locally, do you mean via a sql connection (such as SSMS) or RDP to the Windows server?

Do you have Allow Logons - Local and Remote configured in the Surface Area Configuration - Connections?

The MSDN SQL Protocols Blog has some excellent information on the Error States --> http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx

--
    Andrew Hatfield

• Gary Minnock (12/11/2008)

However I cannot do this locally? as in on the server where SQL 2005 is installed with the same login??

Do you mean you're trying to connect to the Windows server with a non-domain (non Windows) account? If so, you can't do that. A SQL Server login can only connect to a SQL Server instance.

Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply