Management Studio Intellisense not working

• When writing my queries in SQL Managament Studio 2008R2, the columns from the table i am querying are not showing up as suggestions for me to select. Any thoughts?

• Sorry

• - Check it's enabled.

- If it is, try refreshing the local cache (Edit> Intellisense > Refresh Local Cache)

• Have you tried "Edit" > "Intellisense" > "Refresh local Cache"

?

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• yes i have tried to refresh the local cache and no different

• Are you connecting to a 2008 server? I don't remember if it'll work with a 2005 server but with 2000 it won't.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • This is SQL 2008 R2.

• Has it ever worked for you on that instance?

• No it has never worked. This is a new install of the program on my machine

• This happened to one of our developers.

We tried everything with the intellisense setup with multiple reboots. No luck.

He had to reinstall SSMS to get it to work. Not saying this will help you, but that is how his worked.

• 1. Are any of your databases offline?

2. What happens when you press Ctrl-J?

3. What compatibility level is the database? If it's an earlier version of SQL Server, intellisense may not work

Check here for a good list of things you can try:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/552458/why-is-sql-server-2008-management-studio-intellisense-not-working

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• installing the SP1 solved my issue. Thanks:-D

• I almost said that but could not remember. :hehe:

• If you really want to see how intellisense ought to work, check out Red Gate SQL Prompt[/url].

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (2/28/2014)

If you really want to see how intellisense ought to work, check out Red Gate SQL Prompt[/url].

Remember Grant is the "Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software" 🙂 😀

All jokes aside, we use SQLPrompt as well - it's pretty nifty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply