Mapped Network Drive

• Hi,

I have a Mapped Network Drive in my Server machine (But the mapped drive and de server are not in the same domain).

I have a DTS that access the mapped drive sucessfully, but when i try to access the same drive from a sp the result is Access Denied.

The sp executes a ftp connection like this :

cmdexec ftp -d -s:' + @FileFtp + xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The @FileFtp have this commands :

Username

Password

lcd X:\ ( The mapped network drive) (The access denied come's from here)

put xxxxxxxx

put yyyyyyy

close

bye

So, can anynone help me ?

Helder Martins

• I think the problem is that when you run the DTS package you are running as yourself (Not a scheduled DTS package which should fail in this case)

Please check the credentials of the user that the SQL server is running under against the users that are authorized to access the drive.  It looks like the server account doesn't have rights.

Also, you will probably need to research the whole TRUSTED domain issue.  Domain A won't let user from Domain B in.

Good Luck

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Thanks AJ Ahrens,

The DTS and the SP are both running from a Schedule Job, I think the problem is on the ftp session that SQL opens , maybe when the fpt starts the user who tries to access the mapped drive is no longer the user o runs the job.

Suppose my user is adminsql, i think that in the ftp session the user is

SQLServerName\adminsql !!!

Helder Martins

• Helder,

Try creating a table with a single column VARCHAR(2000) and build the FTP command into a string and then INSERT that string into the table you just created.

You can then review the information that you are passing into the FTP command and see where it is going.  I agree with you that the problem is probably the user/password

Once you have the string command you can then fire it from a command prompt and see what you get or even (hopefully) see what is wrong.  It may be a space or syntax error.

Another thing to is that onyou have the information you can check to see if the user (from FTP) has rights to that drive.

Have you thought about using UNC??  \\ServerName\Share instead of X:\?

Cant wait to see this resolved 🙂

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply