Mass printing from fatabases?

• Hello!

What do you use when your are printing database records to labels, invoices, enveloeps?

At this time I have made use small access database app wich uses MSSQL as datasource. we made some access scripting (conditional loops etc) to 12 premaded buttons that office qirls are using on day to day work.

Access is just so, something, something that I would not wan't to use. We do have lot of vbscipt (.asp and .net) pages on our internal web server serve reports etc. Problem with those .asp pages has always beeing that printing is difficult.

What 3dr party software there is to use on massprinting of labels etc.?

Somethin easy to use and easy to maintain.

• Have you looked at Reporting Services? It's free and easy.

If you are scripting, and you have some code, I used to use Active Reports and it worked great.

• I would definitely recommend Reporting Services (it's free with SQL Server).

If you don't want to pay for full SQL Server you can download SQL Server Express with Advanced Services.

It's the trimmed down free version of SQL Server that comes with reporting services.

There are lots of tutorials about how to create reports with Reporting Services.

One benefit of Reporting Services is that you can create a report and the user can schedule (subscribe) to the report and it will be emailed out on a schedule. This is great if you run the same report every week (like invoices).

It's a great time saver for a user to come in on Friday and have the report they need to work in their email box.

Chris

http://chrisbarba.wordpress.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply