Matrix Rows groups as rows - Ideas will be appreciated -Thanks

I'm not sure how to explain this, and i've tried a lot of different options, but what i want is this.

I want a matrix row group to show up as actual rows, not as columns, in the lay-out.

So, if i make a matrix with a column group of resources, and 2 row groups: project group and project name, those 2 should not be in seperate columns. I just want to make the group bold, and the projects in the same column, below it.

This is just an example, my real problem is that when adding a lot of row groups, the report becomes too wide.

How i would like it:

| resource1 | resource2 | resource3

group1 |

project1 |

project2 |

group2 |

project3 |

project4 |

What it's right now:

| resource1 | resource2 | resource3

Group1 | project1 |

| project2 |

Group2 | project3 |

| project4 |

• And also it should have drill down functionality. Say group1 should drill down into project 1 and project 2.

I can get get project1 and project2 beneath group1 by doing 'add group-->adjacent below' in the report designer. But then the drill down wont work - error message is- the toggle item share the same scope as the hidden item. :angry:

• Yay! I got it working.:cool:

Its stepped layout format. If anyone comes across the same issue. Search online for stepped layout matrix.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply