MCJ - The Missing Link

• Yes let us ask and see.

• I just got an interesting perspective on the certification process last night during our UG meeting. One of the attendees works in a training center and administers the cert tests. His perspective is that there needs to be some specialization in the exams, but not necessarily at a middle ground cert level. He says that the failure rate of the exams is quite high and the students echo that the exams are difficult too. He also concedes that there is a lot of braindumping going on and that many will find a way to cheat the exam. He fears that would also be a problem with a middle ground cert. Another concern is that the letters with certification should only be to open doors and not necessarily be a statement of expertise.

I am paraphrasing, but that is the gist of the conversation. I invited him to join the discussions and leave his comments in the public forums so more could see his actual comments so we could all discuss. I hope he will do that.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Okay, looks a little dead here. We have a SharePoint site, now what is our next step?

• Lynn Pettis (5/20/2010)

Okay, looks a little dead here. We have a SharePoint site, now what is our next step?

Sorry for the delay - discussion points and docs are beginning on the Sharepoint site.

Learn Extended Events

• Great. I'd hate to see things get this far and then just die on the vine.

Looks like I'll have to do more on the evenings and weekends. Can't be out here much anymore during the day.

• Also, sswug.org is holding a FREE vconference on May 28th on SharePoint. Some of it may be worthwhile. Not sure about the 2 sessions on exposing LOB data in SharePoint as far as what we are doing right now.

• Lynn Pettis (5/21/2010)

Can't be out here much anymore during the day.

Too busy or politics?

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/21/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/21/2010)

Too busy or politics?

Politics

• Lynn Pettis (5/21/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (5/21/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/21/2010)

Too busy or politics?

Politics

That's no good.

Learn Extended Events

• Agreed, but I have to abide by my supervisors directives. Just means trying to do more in the evenings as this how and where I hone my skills and learn new ways of doing things.

• No not mine. I haven't done anything with it due to work load - but I do check from time to time.

We will be picking back up with it soon (I hope).

Learn Extended Events

• Agreed, work has kept me busy too. May be starting a new job in August that should actually open up my evenings and weekends some.

• Lynn Pettis (7/15/2010)

Agreed, work has kept me busy too. May be starting a new job in August that should actually open up my evenings and weekends some.

Oh really? Anything you can share? It sure seems to be the season - everybody is changing jobs it seems.

Learn Extended Events

• Not changing jobs but dealing with the ups and downs that are happening in healthcare, not exactly fun and taking it one day at a time. Very much on the radar though and hope to pick up any time soon, thanks.

Malathi

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 312 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply