Memory problem with displaying cube data.

• Hi, when I try to view data on a cube I get the following error. Unable to display view of cube. There is not enough memory available to display the requested cell range. This actually only happens when I create a calculated measure, when it's just the base measures it does not happen. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks.

• Hi,

What are the specs of your machine? I've found that by 'nesting' more and more dimensions next to another, memory usage increases. By starting off with one dimension on rows and one on columns, and then systematically adding more dimensions, one get's a 'feel' where the threshold is.

You could also try increasing memory settings on the properties=>environment or processing tabs of the analysis server.

Regards,

Andre

• More than likely your calculation requires too much cube data to be sent to the client and you do not have enough memory to support it. I have worked with some cubes that require up to 1GB of memory to perform the calculation client side. In that case, I had to redesign the cube. You may need to reevaluate your architecture to determine what is being calculated client side.

If you need more input, I will need more info on your AS cube architecture and some volume metrics.

Hope that helps,

Steve Hughes

Magenic Technnologies

steve.hughes@magenic.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply