Merge Replication with FTP issue SQL server Utilities installation path

• Hi all,

Ive been working with replication for a small while (1yr) and have now come up to looking at replication via http://FTP..Im having an issue which i believe is at the subscriber but want to know if anyone else has come across the issue and possibly how to fix it..

The subscriber is an MSDE instance.

The replication process run all the way through up to where a post script is run (the script creates the views in the database). the error however appears as follows

Error Message:

"The schema script '\\MORPHEUS\ReplData\ftp\MORPHEUS$MORPHEUSQL_VM2000_Mornpen_VM2000_Mornpen\20051017102302\MunitecViews_0.sql' could not be propagated to the subscriber."

Error Details:

"The schema script '\\MORPHEUS\ReplData\ftp\MORPHEUS$MORPHEUSQL_VM2000_Mornpen_VM2000_Mornpen\20051017102302\MunitecViews_0.sql' could not be propagated to the subscriber.

(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147201001)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to obtain the SQL Server utilities installation path from the registry.

(Source: INFMYTH\MSDE_INFMYTH (Agent); Error number: 20155)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

so i need to figure out why the agent cant obtain the SQL server utilities installation path in the registry..? but how can i do this..does anyone know the key i need to find/check?..im assuming its attempting to try and use OSQL to run the script against the database..

Thanks for any help you can provide..i can send through more info if needed

Regards

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Check the permissions in the registry on the subscriber.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283811

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply