Meta data cleanup problem

• hi there

i just found out that my automatic cleanup of merge replication metadata is not cleaning up the MSmerge_tombstone table, because all the records are saved with generation set to "0"

i don't know why is this happening, is it a feature or bug? what can i do to resolve this problem and how do i get rid of all the outdated metadata without destroying the actual data

thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Well, this is a complete shot in the dark.,,

But, is it possible that value may be driven off of your merge agent profile? There is a value in there for generations per batch. Has this been modified?

• thanks, this param was not changed, but even when should not influence the values witten to database, i think

i have an update info of my problem - just found out, that not all the records are inserted with generation set to 0 (sorry for that), some are set with valid generation ids - those look like valid records, but more than 80% of records inserted into MSmerge_tombstone have generation set to 0 AND tablenick is not from the set assigned in the nickname column of the sysmergearticles table, which i presume must match

any idea what's going on there? or if you can describe the complete merge replication process step-by-step which stored procedures are called, which tables used so i can trace the problem from begining to the end ...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply