Microsoft.ACEOLEDB.12.0 is not registered. Class not registered

• Hello,

After a hard drive crash I am trying to get back up and running with SSIS. My PC has Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. I am running a package in Visual Studio 2008's BIDS. I have set the Run64BitRuntime property to false. The package writes rows of data to an Excel spreadsheet using the Excel Connection Manager. The error I am receiving is familiar to many: The requested OLEDB provider Microsoft.ACEOLEDB.12.0 is not registered...Class not registered.

After researching the issue, I have found this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

I have downloaded both files: AccessDatabaseEngine.exe and AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe. Since my PC is 64-bit I am unable to install the 32 bit driver. I can only install the 64 bit driver.

However, since I am running the package in 32-bit mode I wonder if I am in a Catch-22 situation: I can't install a 32-bit version of AccessDatabaseEngine and the package has to run in 32-bit mode to possibly use the ExcelConnectionManager.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

• seen that one before! there's a secret switch in there that lets you install; i've had to do the opposite...install the 64 bit verison wher ethe 32 bit office was installed:

make sure you open an Administrative command prompt window, and run it with the c:\Downloads\AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe /passive

command line flag;

this will force the install of the drivers, even if you have 32 bit office installed or vice versa;

otherwise you get some error about 32 bit Office preventing the install.

After that is installed, if you were fiddling with linked servers, you would want to do this as well in TSQL/SSMS

--Required settings for the provider to work correctly as a linked server

EXEC master.dbo.sp_MSset_oledb_prop N'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0', N'AllowInProcess', 1

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_MSset_oledb_prop N'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0', N'DynamicParameters', 1

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell, thanks for the help! I actually ran this command from the admin command prompt:

AccessDatabaseEngine.exe /passive

So on my 64-bit PC I put the 32-bit drivers in place. I have gone past my error. I have new problems to solve, but hopefully I can get this package back up and running.

Thanks a lot for the neat trick. 🙂

• glad i could help!

post your new error if you think a little peer review might help you get past that one as well..

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• The new problem seems trivial. I had my columns out of sync. I just ran the package and it ran.

I have a number of Data Flow Tasks to configure but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again for your assistance. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply