Migrating entire Reporting Services 2005 to another computer

• Hi folks..

I am fairly new to Reporting Services 2005. I have a working RS server with reports currently and I am trying to replicate a disaster recovery scenario whereby my production RS server is down.

My plan is to be able to migrate the entire reportserver to another machine. I have fully backup reportserver,reportserverdb and also the encryption key as well. I have installed a new instance of SQL 2005 with RS and SP 2 installed on another machine. I restored both the databases and when I try to connect to my reports I get this message below:

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.8.43'. The expected version is 'C.0.8.40'. To continue, update the version of the report server database and verify access rights. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or is there a way to make this work?

Thanks.

• Two suggestions (if you're still interested):

1> If you're using SQL authentication, check to see if any accounts aren't in synch with their passwords, using sp_change_users_logins.

2> Are both servers patched/Service Pack'd identically?

Bob

• Good day.

Thanks for your reply mate. Both of the servers have the same patch, SQL 2005 SP2. All the components installed are identical.

As for the users, I dont have users in the DB except for 'Sa' and some default users that gets created when you install SQL 2005.

I have tried many times, each time I get the same problem. There has been many article in the which sounds easy but when you actually do it, it doesnt work.

At the moment, I have a maintenance planned out in that SQL server so backup's are done and I am quiet safe from that point but in case if I would need to put this into another machine then I am in big trouble...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Balan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply