Migrating from Access to SQL

• ok I understand now more ..

you have to do this phases before other phases I said before:

- changing code to ADO, and you still use Aceess

then make all the rest steps.

ok christy ??

I recommend you to search for VB with SQL Server Tutorial on the Net ... so you can use your apllication with the best performance ..

also read about reading Views in SQL Server and how you call it from VB.

Alamir Mohamed

Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

• Thanks, Alamir!

I think I will use ADO and Access first, and try to get that up and running. Baby steps first. 🙂

Thank you SO much for all your help - your suggestions and advice will definitely help me! I'm going to do some more reading on this subject before starting anything. I'll be back if I have any other questions. 🙂

Thanks again!

Christy

🙂

• quote:

the relationship in Access is transfered to Triggers in SQL server 7 , and is transerefed to Relationships in SQL Server 2000

The upsize wizard allows you to choose eitehr using DRI or Triggers to migrate table relationships no matter your SQL Server is 7.0 or 2000.

• Christy - another piece is to create a Connection object and use that for all of your connections. When you need to change your connect strings you have to do it in one place instead of searching through the code.

Be patient with yourself and allow yourself room to make mistakes.

Bonne Chance!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.

Patrick

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue

• Thanks for the tip, Patrick. Somebody else also mentioned this to me, and I'm going to look into it right now. THey said that since I always connect to the same database, it would make more sense to create a connection object instead.

Would I just create it when the form loads?

Thanks,

Christy

🙂

• I haven't any mention to Access ADP which by the way are supposed to support SQL Server in the Back end NATIVELY!

Just my 2 cents

* Noel

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply