Migrating from DTS 2000 to SISS 2005

• Hi, I need a help, when I start the command at Query Analyzer (exec xp_cmdshell 'dtexec -F  "E:\DB_Suporte\Load_Orders.dtsx"'), I´m receving this message:  

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility

Version 9.00.1399.06 for 32-bit

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.

NULL

Started:  21:36:25

Error: 2007-08-16 21:36:25.75

Code: 0xC0016016

Source: 

Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTSassword" with error 0x8009000B "Chave inválida para uso no estado especificado.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verif

y that the correct key is available.

End Error

Error: 2007-08-16 21:36:25.76

Code: 0xC0016016

Source: 

Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTSassword" with error 0x8009000B "Chave inválida para uso no estado especificado.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verif

y that the correct key is available.

End Error

Please, How can I to resolve this? 

Ian.

Thanks a lot.

• Hi

Check your package property "ProtectionLevel" and see What is it? Package password is stored in "PackagePassword" property. I am sure playing with these 2 properties will definitely solve your problem.

I request you to make a copy of your package before making any change.

Thanks
    Mohit Nayyar
    http://mohitnayyar.blogspot.com/
    "If I am destined to fail, then I do have a purpose in my life, To fail my destiny"

• Hi, Thanks lets me know, but I ´m  looking for this parameter inside DTS package properties. I´m not found it, please, is possible you explain me detail about these parameters. Where is it; because you told me that I playing with these  2 properties I will solve my problem.

Thanks

Ian.

• You might be saving some sensitive (connection password etc.) data inside the package and this data is being encrypted by your windows user profile. That means if another user/profile will try to run this package then SSIS will throw error because it won't be able to decrypt the sensitive data.

Now package properties I talked about are at package level and you can make changes accordingly. Simply open your package in BIDS and make the changes. If you cannot open the package then ask the original creator of the package to do the same for you and then make changes accordingly. You have these possible options…..

DontSaveSensitive, EncryptAllWithPassword, EncryptAllWithUserKey, EncryptSensitveWithPassword, EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey (default), ServerStorage.

I request you to read BOL for more details about these properties.

In your case I guess it’s more to do with task-generated XML nodes that are tagged as sensitive. The tagging of XML nodes is controlled by Integration Services and cannot be changed by users.

You can simply face this problem in multi server deployment, because in that case the profile will change automatically.

Thanks
    Mohit Nayyar
    http://mohitnayyar.blogspot.com/
    "If I am destined to fail, then I do have a purpose in my life, To fail my destiny"

• Hi Mohit, your help, it was so good for me.

Thanks

Ian. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply