Migration Error - Excel conn MGR

• I am using Excel connection manager in my SSIS package. When I execute the package in DEV server, I get the desired result. When the package is migrated to the UAT server, all the Data flow tasks which uses Excel connection manager fails.

The UAT server has Office 2010 installed. However I use the Excel formats 2007 and 1997-2003 in two places.

Is there any other connection manager that I can use ?( I dont want to use FLAT FILE as the output should be in the form of a excel file)

Please suggest any solution.

When trying to execute the package it returned this error.

[Excel Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC00F9304. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

• Hi shyamhr,

So the Dev and Prod servers have different versions of Excel installed?

Also this smells of permissions issues between the user that created the package on Dev and the user attempting to execute the package on Prod.

Are the users the same between the two servers?

Cheers,

Jim.

SQL SERVER Central Forum Etiquette[/url]

• Jim-720070 (6/28/2011)

Hi shyamhr,

So the Dev and Prod servers have different versions of Excel installed?

Also this smells of permissions issues between the user that created the package on Dev and the user attempting to execute the package on Prod.

Are the users the same between the two servers?

Cheers,

Jim.

Dear Jim,

Thanks for the reply. The users are different and it uses Windows Authentication. But I resolved the issue by following these steps

There was a compatibility issue with 64 bit and 32 bit.

So I open the package that had issue, I clicked Project -> "Package name" Properties -> Debugging -> Run64BitRuntime -> FALSE. As soon as I set the value as FALSE, the package Executed Successfully.

Yay !! Yahoo ......

• Nice work. And thanks for posting the solution.

SQL SERVER Central Forum Etiquette[/url]

• You're Welcome Jim !

• Are you executing the package manually in BIDS on the UAT server?

The Run64BitRunTime is a design time property in BIDS. It should have no effect when you run the package on the server using SQL Agent or another scheduling tool.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Shyamhr,

Thank you for the response that easily resolved the Excel compatibility issue. Simply changing the 'Run64BitRuntime' property to '= FALSE' enables the SSIS package run successfully.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply