Minimum Rights To Connect?

• What are the minimum group/role/persmissions that must be given to a user account to be able to connect to Integration Services via the Management Studio? I want to give a developer access, and not sure the best way to do this.

• Still have not figured this out. Are there any groups/roles that exist for SSIS? I can get access (but I am sysadmin) and I don't want to give those rights.

• This may help. I am just trying to undestand Integration Services and feel your pain.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx

• Thanks for the reply. I found that article too... but I know I did not change any of that and it used to work for a user now reporting issues. So I am trying to figure out if some kind of permissions, etc got changed for that user (as it works for me remotely).

• Is there anyway you can post a copy of the error message?

• I am not sure this is how it is...As I have given these permissions on DEV environment, not production though.

I have a user with public server role. He has dbo role on many databases. I have given these permissions on msdb:

dtsoperator

dtsltduser

dtsoperator

SQL Agent user role (If the user wants to run the job which has ssis package). I kind of forgot what these roles do now. Please do your research and proceed.

Let us know if you come across any solution.

VG

• Thanks. HAs not solved my issue yet, but that was the information I was looking for. I will let you know if I find a resolution.

• I played around with those roles last week while working on my SSIS issue and the user was able to schedule the job but I had to also create a credential and assign it to their login for the agent to actually run the job.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply