Mirroring on one server through different instasnce

• i  am going to create sql server mirroring on one a single server

for this i need to create new sql server instance i dont know

how to create new instance in mirroring

Kindly help me .

Regards

Syed Naveed

• In one singlre server you can create 3 seperate instances and configure dataabse mirroring.....even i had done the same it works....Just run through the setup.exe as you did for installing sql server default instance....you need to specify the instance name @one particular place....thats it the sql server instance will be created......then you can connect to the instance through SSMS by specifying servername\instance name in the connecting window of ssms

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• you can refer this link,

http://dumthata.com/sqlchn/articles/install/insql.htm

refer the step 9 in that link you need to choose named instance option there and specify any name asper your desire.......cool

• thanks for assistance i got the result positive.

now i have another issue when i make the mirroring between 2 instance it shows the message.

"  Database mirroring is disabled by default. Database mirroring is currently provided for evaluation purposes only and is not to be used in production environments. To enable database mirroring for evaluation purposes, use trace flag 1400 during startup. For more information about trace flags and startup options, see SQL Server Books Online. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  "

• Hey you need to use Trace flag 1400 for SQL server RTM versions i believe......even i had this issue.......go to sql server configuration manager and choose sql 2005 services and select sql server service and right click it and go to properties and choose startup parameters and include -T1400 @ the end....and restart sql services.....it shud be fine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply