Missing menu bar 2000 vs XP

• While working in the design table screen in Enterprise Manager on Windows 2000, there is a menu bar for setting primary keys, relationships, etc.  When working in the same screen on XP, the menu bar is not displayed, nor can be by customizing the view.  The only way to access the relationships/indexes screens is to right-click.  While this is not a huge deal, does anyone know how to make this menu bar visable again?

• Try reinstalling your tools. Works fine here, XP SP1.

• Click the Hammer icon in the upper left corner of the window, then click Customize View from the menu.  Make sure the the Toolbars checkbox is checked.

If that doesn't work, the suggestion to reinstall the tools seems reasonable.

Mike

• Thanks for the tips.  In reality it turned out to be something cosmetic.  In Win 2000 when you have the design screen open, the toolbar is visible in the window whether you have the window maximized or not.  In XP all toolbars are in the main EM window and change according to which window has focus.  It took me a while to see this but since I usually don't work with maximized windows, it was causing me some confusion.  Thanks again for the suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply