Missing Sub-Folders in Integration Services

• Hi All,

I have an issue wherein I couldn't see MSDB and File System subfolders in Stored packages/Running packages folder whenever I connect to Integration Services (default instance).

However, I could see all the maintenance plans in the maintenance plans and also in msdb database. I have checked the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file and it is fine pointing to default instance. Even I tried restarting the SSIS service, but still not able to get the sub folders. I have admin privileges on the server where I am trying to connect.

Any ideas or help in this regard is highly appreciated. Please let me know if any details are required.

Thanks in advance,

KKK

• If you run the following query at the msdb database (one of the system databases) at your SQL Server, do you get any results?

SQL Server 2005:

SELECT [folderid]

,[parentfolderid]

,[foldername]

FROM [msdb].[dbo].[sysdtspackagefolders90]

SQL Server 2008:

SELECT [folderid]

,[parentfolderid]

,[foldername]

FROM [msdb].[dbo].[sysssispackagefolders]

This table lists all the folders that should be displayed in the MSDB folder. There is an analogue table for the packages.

If you create a job in SQL Server Agent and you create a 'SQL Server Integration Services Package' step, do you see your folders/packages when you click on the browse button by Package?

(or similar, if you create an Execute Package Task in SSIS, can you browse to your packages?)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply