modification of SSIS package

• Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a SSIS package after it's

created?  Thanks to everyone for being there to help.

SQL 9.0.3054

• Unfortunately not. Like most files created in a windows environment, they are locked once closed and can never be opened again. People have been complaining about this since windows 1.0 and Microsoft has promised to fix the problem in Vista Service pack one. I am sure everyone who creates word documents will be greatly relieved.

On a serious note, of course you can. Open it in visual studio again.

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• I am justing beginning to use SSIS and there may be a better way, but I have had to use a work around to edit packages saved in msdb.

I have found that I can export the package from msdb to a file, open the file in Business Intelligence Development Studio to edit it, then import the saved file back into msdb. There are probably better ways that I have not found, but this has worked.

Donnie

• There really are no real advantages to using MSDB as a store. Just the steps you laid out above say so.

The best way I find, and many others, is this:

D:

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• The best method I've found is to store packages in files (and in source control) for development and only store them in msdb when they are deployed (if at all). The original project can be opened, modified, and re-deployed if necessary.

Changes made to an msdb version would be out of sync with the development project and source control.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply