Modify next identity range

• i have a publisher and a few suscribers running with sql 2003

I use automatic range handling to manage some identity columns in some tables

How can I to modify manually the value of the next range that the publisher will assign to the next suscriber that need a range?

• sorry its sql 2000

• I believe that the system (because you have automatic ranges setup) will just apply a new range to the subscribers, (as to whatever you set in the automatic range identity section of each table)

eg: when you set up replication, you would have entered a value for the range at the publisher and a range at the subscriber, that range for the subscriber should get set the next time a new subscriber connects.

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• yeap, the system apply a new range when a suscriber or a publisher need it, but thats a problem for us, that's why we want to manually manage the number of the next range that will be assigned and we dont want to rebuild the application to make it complitly manual.

i have read that checkidentity change the next id that will be assigned on any table, and sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange will give new ranges to any server of the replication that need it, but no one changes the next id range that will be assigned and thats what I want to do

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply