Monitoring Disk Space and Sending Alerts with TSQL

• Bob,

We have a similar requirement to monitor mount points I would like to look at how you have used chkdisk and parsed the results. My email id is jullietl@yahoo.com.

thanks

• I am new to SQL2005. I received the following error when execute the SP

(3 row(s) affected)

Msg 15281, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_sendmail, Line 1

SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'SQL Mail XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

Msg 15281, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_sendmail, Line 1

SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'SQL Mail XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

I check on the Help inside the SQL2005 and it warn us not to use the SQL_Mail but use the Database Mail instead and I have successfully configurated the SMTP database Mail. However, how can I change the SP to use the Database Mail instead of the SQL sendMail

Thanks

(3 row(s) affected)

-- Msg 15281, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_sendmail, Line 1

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this --- component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator --- can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about --- --

-- enabling 'SQL -- Mail XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this -

-- component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator -

-- can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about --

-- ng 'SQL -- l XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

I check on the Help inside the SQL2005 and it warn us not to use the SQL_Mail but use the Database Mail instead and I have successfully configurated the SMTP database Mail. However, how can I change the SP to use the Database Mail instead of the SQL sendMail

Thanks

(3 row(s) affected)

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this --- component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator --- can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about --- --

-- enabling 'SQL -- Mail XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this -

-- component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator -

-- can enable the use of 'SQL Mail XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about --

-- ng 'SQL -- l XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online

Thanks

(3 row(s) affected)

-- ng 'SQL -- l XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online

Thanks

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'ys.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this -

Thanks

-- Msg 15281, Level 16, State 1, Procedure !!!!x!!!!p_sendmail, Line 1

-- SQL Server blocked access to procedure '!!!!y!!!!s.xp_sendmail' of component 'SQL Mail XPs' because this -

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

• For anyone else who needs to modify the script to use SQL 2005 dbmail just change (assuming db mail is correctly set up already)....

EXEC master..xp_sendmail @recipients = 'email@domain.com',

@subject = @MailSubject,

@message = @AlertMessage

to

EXEC msdb..sp_send_dbmail @recipients = 'email@domain.com',

@subject = @MailSubject,

@body = @AlertMessage

• hello, thank you for your script, question how can i run with my other servers?

• hi how can i edit this sp so i get also the percentage? and modify the alert if i have less than 10%? :crying:

• I've read the helpful comments here.

i am using it in a similar way.

but how can i read the sizes of mount points?

thanks for your help!

cheers

daniel

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply