Monitoring on a Budget

• I started working on it this morning. I should have something available no later than mid-week.

Take care,

Bert

"Speculations? I know nothing about speculations. I'm resting on certainties. I know that my Redeemer lives, and because He lives, I shall live also." - Michael Faraday

• Wow, that's cool 🙂

• Hi,

One more thing to watch out. In the monitoringserver.sql, add in the use tempdb in the beginning of the script.

use tempdb -- add in this

go -- add in this

if exists (select * from tempdb.dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[DayDBStat]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsUserTable') = 1)

drop table tempdb.[dbo].[DayDBStat]

GO

because the OBJECTPROPERTY function is in the context of current database. If the default database (of login) is not tempdb and for some reason the previous copy of DayDBStat table was not drop you will get the job fail complaining object (DayDBStat) already exists.

Alternatively, if you don't want to set the context of tempdb then replace the entire block above with

IF object_id('tempdb.[dbo].[DayDBStat]') IS NOT NULL

begin

drop table tempdb.[dbo].[DayDBStat]

end

Enjoy!

• Nice article. I just implemented the server stats portion of this today. It's working fine. I've been looking for a good historical performance monitor for my databases.

Thanks!

Rober

• Did you ever get the SSRS piece working? I would be interested in seeing how you got that piece to work.

Thanks,

Christi

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply