Monitoring Replication

• Hi Guys,

Is there anyway I can get informed when Replication Fails.  This happens quite often and I would like to be modified if this happen so that I can check what causes the failure

Regards,

• Create an operator (SQL Server Agent\Operators). Under the Notifications tab you should see a number of Alerts relating to replication.

These alerts can be sent as Emails, Pager or Net Send.

Cheers

Chris

• You should certainly learn how to set up alerts for replication and other events, that is free and very effective.

I have to monitor four remote SQL Servers while getting other work done, and I want to know if a problem occurs but don't want to set up hundreds of notifications.  I use a tool from Quest Software call Spotlight for SQL Server.  It monitors just about everything going on in the servers and will pop up an alert immediatly if anything exceeds a threshhold.  Failed replication, any failed Agent job, blocked processes, disk queue length, CPU usage, low disk space etc.  When I want to check on a server, it shows a graphic representation of the system (sessions, locks, cache, disk space & IO, memory, CPU, paging) and everything is color-coded so you immediately see what the alarm condition is.

I believe they have a free trial version available for download at their website.   (I'm not a salesman, there are probably other tools around if you look, but this is what I'm familiar with.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply