Monitoring Tool For SQL Server

• Hi,

Can somebody help me by suggesting the best Free Monitoring tool for SQL Server.

• it depends on what you want to monitor, of course.

so general tools i'm aware of are like this one...

Dell's Spotlight Freemium is pretty good for free, i kind of like the heatmap for at a glance info,a nd how it drills down to the server itself.

http://software.dell.com/products/spotlight-freemium/

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• SQL Server itself.

I use the built-in Data Collector for most of my monitoring.

It can be easily be extended using ExtendedTSQLCollector

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Database Health

http://stevestedman.com/category/database-health/

link[/url]

• Thank you all for the support.

• rajan.nithin (11/17/2014)

Hi,

Can somebody help me by suggesting the best Free Monitoring tool for SQL Server.

How many servers? I ask because it's tough to eyeball more than one server at a time so the monitoring tool really needs to send you an alert. Of course, you can also setup SQL Server to do that in many areas, as well.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Right now we have 4 servers. I am also looking for a good open source monitoring tool for Windows server.

• You can also try the software Anturis to monitor your servers. It is free up to 5 monitors, and then the price starts with $9 per month. I pay this money and I get various alerts by phone or sms and feel more secure.:-)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply