Monitoring Volume Mount Points

• Does anyone have a good solution to monitor real time rapid data grow on a volume mount points?

We want to monitor volume mount points for free space?

We have WhatsUp Gold Premier but it doesn’t have a solution to monitor volume mount points.

I believe our drives would be called logical. Example: C:\databases\data\databasename

I have looked at the WMI called in powershell but I'm not sure how substantial the resources would be to call this info every few minutes and post the results to HTML. We would like to be able to identify rapid growth on a MDF or LDF.

• So far as I can tell, you need to use WMI for this. WhatsUp and Solarwinds both say they can't do this.

I've seen a suggestion that you could have your monitoring software look at file size as an absolute number. "Check folder X for total file size and send an alert if it goes over Y threshhold". Not sure that's a good way to do it, but it's theoretically similar to what you need and might suffice.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply