Move File on FTP

• I've been scouring the web and haven't been able to find a solution to this:

I have a package that receives a file from a FTP site with a dynamic file name, same source directory every time. The file is appended to a SQL database table. After it has been imported, I would like to move this file from the source directory on the FTP into to an archive directory on the FTP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• I just want to be sure what you are asking for here. Do you want to go back to the FTP server you downloaded the file from and move it to an archive directory or do you want to move it from the directory you downloaded the file to an archive directory? They are two different things.

• I would like to move it to an Archive folder on the FTP server to leave only unprocessed files in the source directory.

• lklein 83808 (3/6/2012)

I've been scouring the web and haven't been able to find a solution to this:

I have a package that receives a file from a FTP site with a dynamic file name, same source directory every time. The file is appended to a SQL database table. After it has been imported, I would like to move this file from the source directory on the FTP into to an archive directory on the FTP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The standard FTP Task doesn't support this auction. If you can use third-party solution, check the commercial CozyRoc SFTP Task. It does support this requirement.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply