Move stored procedures to different server

• Is there a way to move a group of stored procedures from one server to another without scripting each one individually?

• You can use the Copy SQL Server Objects task in DTS to transfer stored procedures directly.  It gives you the option of selecting which stored procedures you want to move.  It's built into the Import/Export Wizard in Enterprise Manager.

Greg

Greg

• Thank you.

What about transferring a DTS package? Is there a way to do that?

• The easiest way to do that is to open the package in DTS Designer then 'Save As' and name the server you want to transfer it to.  DTSBackup 2000 available free at http://www.sqldts.com, will transfer multiple packages.

Greg 

Greg

• The Transfer Objects task will copy your procedures, but sometimes I want to script them so I can check the script in case of errors.  You can use the All Tasks -> Generate SQL Script function in Enterprise Manager to script as many procedures (and functions, tables, views, etc) as you like.  Check the formatting and options tabs to make sure you get exactly what you want.

• Thanks - the DTSBackup works great.

• Yeah, I like it a lot.  It even came in handy when I was transferring packages from a SQL2000 instance to a new SQL2005 instance and had to save them all as files.

Greg

Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply