Moving Data Transformation Services (DTS)

• I need help in how to move certain Data Transformation Services (DTS) from one server to another.

Do I need to move both the DTS and Jobs? I don't see an option to view the DTS's in SQL Server 2005, just the Jobs.

I can generate the scripts in Management Studio to create just the jobs, and would this work?

Thanks!

• You will need to install the DTS Designer Components on the SQL 2005 server to allow you to manage the DTS packages via Management Studio in SQL 2005.

Once this tool is installed, you can import, save and export DTS packages via 'Management -> Legacy' within Object Explorer in Management studio.

You can find the package designer here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d09c1d60-a13c-4479-9b91-9e8b9d835cdc&displaylang=en

You can try scripting out the jobs but if you are running the DTS packages using their IDs, it probably won't work. I feel it's always safer and neater to recreate the jobs when you have upgraded to a new version of SQL Server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply