moving flat file from one instance to another instance

• I want to move flat file from one server to another in ssis , will any one help with quick hints. The size of the flat file is 11.5 GB.

• There's a file system task in the SSIS designer in BIDS. Have you tried using that?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• hi, my problem is how can i get if it is on remote server. My flat file in CSV is on another server. how can i access that server. i am not finding any option to connect remote server.

• You can connect to a remote server using UNC pathing, if it's in the same domain or if you have credentials for the other domain. Otherwise, you'll need to use FTP or some comparable technology. It's just like moving a file on a remote server through any other standard means.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply