Moving SQL Server from NT domain to new Domain

• Hello,

We have sql server 2000 servers using merge replication.  The servers are on windows 2003.

The servers are currently in an NT domain and need to be moved to a new domain.  The new domain in based on Active directory.

I will be changing the service accounts to services accounts in the new domain.

I was wondering if any other changes are required.

thanks in advance.

• Are any of the servers clustered? If so, there are some changes on the cluster, replication or not.

With replication, you'll need to ensure that the new service accounts have the appropriate access to the appropriate databases, etc.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Thanks.

The servers are not clustered.  We will be using the same account on each server.

I guess its just the service accounts.  Thanks for your help

• To get SQL up and running, yes. If the user accounts are switching domains, too, then the appropriate groups, etc. will need to be given permission. Having gone through this recently for my org's AD migration, stay on your application teams to ensure they test the user accounts from the new domain. Otherwise you'll be seeing problems months down the road because someone didn't get the security defined correctly.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply