MS Access ODBC connect to SQL View

• I have done this a hundred times with other databases but something is not working with MS Access linking to an MS CRM view. Access 2003 and SQL 2008. I can link to tables and see data but linking to a view doesn't return any rows. Can someone help? Thank you.

• I am not an MS Access expert, but perhaps you can set up a pass through query instead of trying to do it as a linked table.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• I tried that also and returned nothing. I put it in this forum because I thought there may be permissions on the view that needed to be set but could not see what would need to be changed. The view is, I believe, a standard MS CRM view, FilteredContact. I can retrieve data from the Contact table but not the view.

• Is it possible that the view has permissions for a specific user type in the CRM system for security reasons? If so, you may want to get your user info added to whatever group(s) they belong to and try again.

I don't work with MS CRM, but that is my first guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply